There are plenty of things to do and see at the fair, all included with the cost of admission. Here is a sample of free activities happening daily:
• Find hours of farm fun in the Agricultural Area. Each day, there will be six barns of animals to see, and livestock shows to watch in the pavilion. You can watch dairy cows be milked by farmers in the milking parlor, stock up on local produce at the farmer’s market, and learn about the local agriculture history at the farm museum. You’ll also have the chance to see antique engines, rare heritage breed animals, and a tractor parade. Plus, daily farm fun activities for kids and much more.
• In the Shotwell Building, find 4-H exhibits and club displays.
• In the Family Entertainment Area, there are lots of free shows included with admission. Each day, you can watch Hot Dog Pig Races, Circus Incredible, and K-9’s in Flight, a dog stunt show featuring pups soaring for frisbees. Children can get in on the fun with “Join the Circus,” and visit the animals at the Commerford Petting Zoo. See live wood carving, Cowtown USA, Nate the Great, and more entertaining events each day.
• Browse the flower and garden show, and the forage show at the Conservatory. The local marketplace featuring New Jersey vendors is adjacent.
• Watch daily horse show classes and competitions in the Horse Show Area. Check the schedule for specific events.
• Check out the vegetable show and the scarecrow competition in the greenhouse.
• In the Richards Building, find local art and photography exhibits, creative arts for home and hobby, honey, and fair history exhibits.
• In the evenings, listen to live music in the wine garden.