Hardyston talks recycling, parking

Jan 25 2019 | 01:43 AM

Two motions were introduced at the Hardyston Township Council Meeting held Jan. 23, 2019.
The first dealt with housing type changes, including but not limited to reducing the lot requirement size to build on from 15,000 to 7,500 in the Crystals Springs development. Public hearing will be held at the next meeting, Feb. 27. The other motion introduced was to amend the minimum and maximum salary for a clerical position.
Various Soil Removal, Quarry, Junkyard, and Auto Auction Licenses were renewed, some contingent upon asked for modifications. Central Auto Liquidators asked to be renewed and show an expiration date of mid to late January 2020 instead of being at the end of December 2019. Since the council does not historically renew until January, Central Auto Liquidators was left with a documentation gap between the end of December 2018 and mid-January 2019. The request was granted which will allow them to go to Auctions during January 2020 whereas this year they could not because they did not have valid documentation.
“This is a reasonable request,” Councilman Carl Miller said.
A resident of Hardyston asked for clarification regarding street parking from Nov. 15–April 15. He was under the impression that parking is not allowed and could be police enforced. He noted a police officer told him he needed to address this with Council.
“Get all parties together so we can get on same page,” Miller said.
Township Manager Marianne Smith diplomatically recommended that because there was no rep from the Hardyston Police Department present, it would be best for a sitdown meeting with her, a Police Dept. representative, the Borough Attorney and representatives from Indian Fields.
Hardyston recently outsourced recycling to Blue Diamond, citing monetary savings. One Resident expressed concern over missed pickups and subsequent Blue Diamond customer service responses.
Smith acknowledged the concerns and said, “There have only been small amounts of complaints, and we will need to give it some time.”
Councilman Santo Verrilli shared that he personally called for one of his neighbors and “they did come out the next day.”